8.08.2013

Back to School Snack


Summer is winding down and all the back to school sales are starting.  Which means mom's are counting down the days in excitement and kids are just enjoying their long fun days while they can.  Why not make going back to school a bit easier and give the kids a boost of energy to get through the school day?!  These energy bites are super tasty (they don't tend to last more than a day or two at our house) and  healthy enough that I've snacked on a couple as breakfast a few times.




Ingredients:
 1cup Oatmeal
1/3- 1/2 cup Honey (your preferance)
1/2 cup Flaxseed
1/2 cup Peanut Butter (or other nut butter)
1 cup Coconut flakes
1 tsp Vanilla
*optional- Chocolate Chips or Craisins  


In a bowl mix all ingredients thoroughly.  Let chill in fridge/freezer (I do the freezer so I can eat them quicker) 20-30 minutes. Pull out, roll into balls and ENJOY!!!  Store in airtight container in fridge for up to a week.  Once everyone in the family tries on of these, I doubt they'll make it a week in the fridge though.

Hope you all enjoy this tasty fast snack and that you enjoy the rest of the summer. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks YUMMY! Did you add a touch of nutella???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed I did!! I forgot to mention that in the recipe, but I did try a little bit. It was good, but not super noticeable.

    ReplyDelete