7.10.2013

Sunshine for a Rainy day





Sorry for the delay!  Little hands make quick work of destroying helping write blog posts!

This is my first tutorial and I chose and easy one so bare with me..... here we go!

A couple weeks ago it was another rainy day here in WA and the kids and I were in need of something to do/create.  I had just been looking at my amazing stack of scrapbook paper wondering how I'd ever  use it all, since I started digital scrapbooking, and realized that our house could use a little sunshine.  So why not make some sun of our own?!  And I set to work picking out lots of different yellow and orange papers.

What you'll need:

  • scrapbook paper (I used yellows and oranges', but use whatever you'd like!)
  • paper cutter or scissors
  • a ruler (if you're using scissors, unless you are confident in your ability to cut straight lines, I definitely am not hence the paper cutter)
  • card stock (can be any color, I used white but you could use yellow incase some paper doesn't overlap) 
  • glue
  • scissors  



Cut up different sized strips but stayed in about a 1/2"-1" width (but its up to you!) by 12"
Let your little ones choose what ever papers they feel and let them go to it!  If need be, of course, do all the gluing for them

Cut your now glued paper strips into a circle.  Glue that circle to a piece of card stock as a base and
then glue little strips of left over paper on around the circle as the sun rays.


And there you have it!  A little bit of sunshine to brighten up your house.  

I didn't get around to doing this, but you could always do some glitter on it too to make it a bit fancier ;)  but little L is all boy and "boys aren't cute, they're handsome", so says him.


No comments:

Post a Comment